What is the Difference in AMG® GT Engines
Compare AMG® GT Engines
Mercedes first introduced the AMG® vehicle with impressive engine in 2014 with the Mercedes-AMG® GT. In just a few years time, Mercedes has expanded the AMG® line and now there are six different options. In addition to the Mercedes-AMG® GT, there is now also the Mercedes-AMG® GT S, Mercedes-AMG® GT Roadster, Mercedes-AMG® GT C, Mercedes-AMG® GT C Roadster and Mercedes-AMG® GT R. There is another AMG® engine, the Mercedes-AMG® GT3 but it is only available to racing teams and not the average customer.
The Key Differences in the AMG® GT Engines
All of those vehicles and engine differences can become rather confusing unless you are a car enthusiast or work for Mercedes-Benz. Whether you simply want to know more about each engine or you are trying to determine the best one to have in your new Mercedes-Benz this year, we have you covered. Take a look at the details of each engine below so you can make a more informed decision. All of the ones mentioned below have a handcrafted 4.0-liter biturbo V8 but according to Mercedez-Benz, they offer different outputs.
- Mercedes-AMG® GT – In this vehicle, you can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in only 3.9 seconds. The top speed is electronically capped at 189 miles per hour. The engine produces 469 horsepower and 465 pounds per foot of torque.
- Mercedes-AMG® GT S – This vehicle offers 525 horsepower and 494 pounds per foot of torque. All of that allows the vehicle to go from zero to 60 miles per hour in only 3.7 seconds. The top speed is capped electronically at 193 miles per hour.
- Mercedes-AMG® GT Roadster – This is very similar to the AMG® GT and offers the same output as that vehicle. However, the one difference is that the top speed is called at 188 miles per hour.
- Mercedes-AMG® GT C – With 550 horsepower and 502 pounds per foot of torque offered by the engine, you are able to go from zero to 60 in only 3.6 seconds. The maximum speed allowed in the vehicle is 197.
- Mercedes-AMG® GT C Roadster – This vehicle offers the same output as the Mercedes-AMG® GT C but the top speed is 196 miles per hour.
- Mercedes-AMG® GT R – This is the most powerful in the lineup. It offers 577 horsepower and 516 pounds per foot of torque. This allows an acceleration of zero to 60 in only 3.5 seconds. It can also reach a top speed of 198 miles per hour.
You honestly cannot go wrong with any Mercedes but if you are looking for power and speed, then any of the Mercedes-AMG® engines and vehicles will suit you just fine. If you are interested in trying it first hand, be sure to stop by our showroom for a test drive. You are sure to fall in love and will likely end up driving off the lot with a brand new Mercedes AMG®. Any of the models offered are great for thrill seekers like you.